Redesign: Office and Living Room

Actually, it's more like additions and adjustments to details.  I take a lot of pride in my home, as I do my appearance and I do my best to make it feel like a representation of me and my family, our lives and our loves.  Comfort, color, unique, thrifty and special are all elements of my decor.  I don't know if you have read this previous post on the before and after on our house reno but we have really come a looong way in less than a full year.

A room in my home that was seriously lacking attention and organization was my OFFICE.  It had the white bookcase, the white desk and not too much else.   Originally I had hopes for setting up the room as an in-home photobooth, but I am making the space much more useable.  The rug, my Moulin Rouge prints from Paris and the red frames were all from our home in Germany.  The all-white became white with dashes of red and black.




New Additions:  
Ikea short cubical bookcase- $30.
LACK side table as tv stand - $8, 
Red and white boxes for storage/organization - about $10.

New additions:  Ikea red swivel frame $1. 
Ikea red clock - $10. 
Chess piece and chalk board from Target - $5 both.  
Black matted frame from dollar tree - $1 (aren't my bff's boys the cutest?!) 

For the other side of the office...
I used the old tv stand and dvd case as Aveline's new work space, and I moved her old, shorter table inside the closet to use as a shelf/organizer.  All the shopping bags are from my travels in Europe and a few favorite American brands like MK, RVCA and American Apparel.  The black trunk holds my camera equipment and works as extra seating in the office.  Aveline installed the tiki hut for her new Squirmmel...

New Additions:
Tiki birdhouse, Ross - $8
Squirmmel - $1

My other space seriously, seriously lacking some creativity was my front living room.  So lacking color and so boring!   Not anymore!!!




New Additions:
Green rug, Ross - $25
Chartreuse Eiffel Tower pillow, Marshall's - thanks Mums!!!
Damask pillow, Ross - $7

The green and the texture bring this room into the rest of the home so well.  The Damask ups the class, the rug goes well with the corner vase and grassy plant. The Eiffel Tower pillow is just perfection!

The family room has had a few updates as well!


New Additions:
Two throw pillows with swirled stitching, DD's - $4 each!!! $8 total!

I am liking my mantle a lot.  I might change a couple of the photos, but we'll get to that later.  I wanted to feel out this type of cluster.

The Innes Master bedroom is getting better... more small details, but trying not to clutter.


The pieces around the room vary in newness.  Some things I have just been trying to highlight.  I have a think for greens obviously, and ovals as well.  I love my Laduree' logo in the white ikea oval frame, next to my Venetian mask and handpainted box from one of my best friends Courtney.  The metal print I am still trying to feel out where I want it.  right now it is by the new side table/storage that will hold scarves in the fall and winter most likely.  

New additions:
Green necklace hanger/stand, Ross - $6

So with $120, some rearranging, some reuse, and some imagination I have managed to make my home more organized and nicely decorated!  I just hope the husband approves, which I think he will... maybe not the unexpected $120 part, but I don't think that's too much damage  to the account.

Hope you enjoyed the tour!

xoxo...
Vanessa 

Comments

  1. VANESSA!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am freaking out right now. You are so ridiculously talented at decorating. These look like Pinterest photos. Lady, I think you have a business here!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely place you have created. So gorgeous. Do you like to follow each other on GFC and bloglovin? Let me know will follow you right back.
    www.thoughtsofpaps.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love the red and white combination of your office room. Black and white is the usual color for offices and they usually have wooden fixture. But the red and white combination really gave the office a livelier atmosphere, which is important for people to be productive at work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!