Rothenburg ob der Tauber

On Wednesday we took a trip to Rothenburg ob der Tauber (red fortress over the Tauber[river]).  It is a town that is beautiful beyond words in Middle Franconia near Bavaria.  The entire town is surrounded by a wall that was built in the 13th century and is still standing!  The food and culture/history there is so different and interesting.  We really had a great day.  We went with our closest friends here in Germany, the Rivas's.
We went to the Midieval Crime and Torture Museum!
and tasted some Schneeballen, the local sweet specialty!
We also visited the Doll and Toy Museum in the town!  So pretty and strange to see toys of the past.  I have always had a love and appreciation of dolls... Maybe that's where my love for fashion was first exercised!
I had so many fun pictures to choose from!  Dinner was great!  We ate at the Roter Hahn (the red chicken!).  I had Franconian style potato noodles with bacon and cabbage with gravy.  I will definitely be experimenting to copy this dish!  Insanely good!  Then we went for a walk along the wall that surrounds the town!

I didn't want to leave!!!  it was so lovely there!  Maybe we'll head back in the fall and stay the night in one of the awesome little hotels.

I am wearing:  Black Classic tal Uggs, H&M dress, thrifted GAP jean jacket and a vintage thrifted Coach purse.

xoxo....
Queen VII

Comments