Monday, February 7, 2011

Monochrome

My days lately have been quite monochromatic... school, eating, errands, cleaning house.  Dressing up and taking pics is the best way to feel creative and have fun!
I have been admiring those stylish ladies that pull off really cool monochrome looks with different colors... It has been so gray lately... The sun finally came out so I ironically dressed head to toe in shades of gray!
Oh well! Go with it!











I think the key to dressing monochrome is to mix up the textures but stay within the same palette... for example I chose to put cool grays together instead of warm or taupe-y grays.

Anyways... I am having fun playing with color concepts... previously I mixed up the neutrals... this time the monochrome... the next color experiment is going to be color blocking a la the increasingly popular Jill Sanders SS/11 collection!

xoxo...
Queen VII

4 comments:

  1. such a chic blog, found you via chictopia xxx
    I really like this outfit

    ReplyDelete
  2. monochrome looks lovely on you, great outfit :) can't wait for the colorblocking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice pictures !
    rosapelsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!