New Hair. Spare the Sad.

I have been rocking the bobbed hair for a while now... since last January... and I can work with it.  It's one of those cuts that takes a while to adjust to and work with and I do like it. My hair does have a lot of texture and volume to it so having it short like this can mean some extra work.  I don't think I am going to grow it out (not that it wouldn't take 2+ years to get long again), but the thing is, hair can make or break a look and with that, a mood!
I haven't been feeling like myself lately... what do I feel like when I feel like myself?  Well, I like to feel sexy, spunky, flirty, trendy, fun and happy.  Maybe a touch wild.  A splash exotic.
Who are my style icons?  Alexa Chung.  Audrey Kitching.  aaaaand Ms. Betsey Johnson:
So what did I do the other night?
Got myself some Betsey-ish bangs. 
And I feel like a new lady again.
I have had a kind of rough few weeks... styling and fashion and writing has been put on the back-burner for durable rather than stylish looks and house maintanence and working on the most wretched classwork one could possibly endure!
My husband does not like me with bangs... but it's alright... he's happy if I am happy!
I need to retouch my color... my black is kind of faded, but I am contemplating doing more of an ombre coloring or splashing in some chartreuse...
Should I throw in a chunk or ombre the ends in this color?

Also... anyone ready for halloween?  I am so excited to get dressed up.  My costume is cheerful and sexy and super fun and totally me!!!

Thanks for bearing with me these last few bland weeks.  Got some good stuff coming up.
xoxo
Vanessa

Comments

  1. What is it with guys? They all hate bangs, I swear! I really like yours! Color is always fun, and if you get tired of it, you can just change it. Good luck with working on the house!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!