What I am Thankful for

I have a lot to be thankful for this year... but the most important, the most special, the most unexpected thing I am grateful for is that HE is here...





 ... because he might not have been. He wasn't supposed to be.  I don't take it for granted that he was let home early.  I don't take it for granted that there are many others in the Service that won't be home with their families and loved ones.  I am thankful for every day he is home and I still cannot get enough of his presence, his hugs, his help and support in everything I do.  I love him so much, don't know what I would do without him. 

I am grateful for my beautiful daughter.  She is learning to read! She is so amazing and smart and is the joy of my every day.  I am thankful for her ten fingers, ten toes, marshmallow chin and big eyes.  She is my one and only and I cherish her.
I am thankful for my doggie, Butters, who is the sweetest, silliest creature I could ever hope for.
 I am thankful for my amazing family, and wonderful friends.  What I have come to learn and especially be thankful for are those who TRY.  Try to be there for me, as I try to be there for them.  It has been a very trying year for me and Aveline and for anyone who has even tried to be there for us, to YOU I am thankful.  Every visit, hug, comment, wishful thought from afar... it has truly meant so much to me. I think I might have died without it...








I am thankful for my beautiful home, our reliable cars, Aveline's teacher and school, being able to blog and photograph all my memories, my book club, my health, my family in Texas and New York, all my friends that became like a family to us in Europe and now spread throughout the US, and all the friends and family I have not mentioned... you all are so amazing and I am thankful for you.

I hope you enjoy your day and don't take for granted the things you need to be thankful for, not just today, but every day.  Don't be afraid to show it.  Try hard, and it may resonate in someone's heart more than you realize.

Thank you,

Vanessa

Comments