Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Outfit: Black n Gold Rock n roll

My inspiration for this outfit (and many others I must confess comes from Chiara Ferragni of The Blonde Salad, particularly THIS LOOK and THIS ONE .  I don't know if it's healthy or not, but literally I love EVERY single outfit that girl puts together.  Her style is pretty much perfect in my eyes.  If I could steal a closet from anyone in the world, it would be Chiara's.  She has amazing taste and designer pieces that will last a lifetime.  She mixes edgy with classy with trendy with street with comfort... My only thing is that she wears pretty much ALL designer pieces.  It is my goal to translate it from High to Low, because that is my budget, and I don't have designers and shops sending me things for free either!  I think it tests my styling skills, as I am not daunted by the fact that I cannot wear clothes off the runway.  I never buy expensive clothes because of the fact that trends and fashion changes so much... I choose to invest in some pieces that are classic and of value and will last a while... mainly bags and some shoes... possibly a pair of jeans.  Tops, dresses, pants... not so much!

Anyhow, here is the look I loved (henceforth, many extra photos)!!! My translation from high to low...









Rock n roll tee, shiny skirt, some leather, some lacey tights... my entire outfit is probably less than the Givenchy tee she was wearing in the second outfit!

I would have preferred to wear a blazer but there was a chilllll in the air, I'll tell ya!!

SO, I ask, who is your style inspiration?  Is it being a copycat to seek style inspiration from someone else?

What I wore:
Leatherette Jacket.
Rolling Stones tee.
Skirt and boots from F21.
Tights from Target.
Moschino bag.
Ray Ban cateye sunglasses.

Check out my crackle-effect nail polish! Black with gold OPI crackle-effect top-coat.

xoxo...
Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!